1/2 cup Oats (rolled or old-fashioned)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Banana (sliced lengthwise down the middle)
- 2 tbsps Almonds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
1. Add oats, almond milk and half of the cinnamon to a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil then reduce to a steady simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the oats are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining cinnamon and the banana cut side down. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly
browned and caramelized.
3. Transfer the cooked oats to a bowl and top with caramelized banana, almonds, hemp hearts, and almond butter.
Likes it Sweet
Add a drizzle of maple syrup.
No Coconut Oil
Use ghee, organic butter or other oil.
No Rolled Oats
Use steel cut oats instead. Cook times will vary.
Use a nut-free milk, seed butter and seeds for the toppings.